Crisis Stabilization Unit
Managing life with a mental illness and/or substance use problem can be challenging. Therapy and medication management can help, but sometimes stressors become overwhelming. A relapse to substance use can occur. Hallucinations might become unmanageable, or thoughts of hurting oneself or others can take over. When troubling thoughts and impulses become overwhelming, it’s important to know that there is somewhere to turn for help.
At Westbrook Health Services there is an alternative to hospitalization. The inpatient crisis stabilization program provides a supportive, nurturing environment where recovery is possible. With proper treatment, there is hope and help for people experiencing serious life stressors.
Inpatient Crisis Stabilization Services Include:
- Psychiatric Care
- Substance Detox
- Individual, Family, and Group Therapy
- Nursing Care
- Discharge Planning
- Peer Support
About the CSU
- Serving individuals with mental health and substance abuse issues (detox).
- Occupancy for up to 10 individuals.
- Admission is voluntary.
- The average length of stay is 7 days.
- Phone: 1-304-485-1721 ext 158
- Fax: 1-304-485-1776
- Or contact us through our email form.